UFSC Library System consists of a Central Library, 10 branch libraries and two reading rooms, with technical and administrative centralization.
The Central Library (BC) is a unit that meets information demands and aims at supporting the university community in its teaching, research and outreach activities. It is divided into:
The branch libraries are units that meet specific information demands from a particular school or campus, aiming at supporting the respective university community in its teaching, research and outreach activities.
UFSC branch libraries are:
- Colégio de Aplicação [Laboratory School] Library (BSCA)
- School of Agricultural Sciences Library (BSCCA)
- School of Education Library (BSCED)
- School of Health Sciences Library – Medicine (BSCCSM)
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library (BSCFM)
- School of Law Library (BSCCJ)
- Araranguá Campus Library (BSARA)
- Blumenau Campus Library (BSBLU)
- Curitibanos Campus Library (BSCUR)
- Joinville Campus Library (BSJOI)
In addition to the branch libraries, the José Saramago Reading Room (SLJS) and the Curitibanos Reading Room (SLCUR) provide information services for the university community on the Florianópolis Campus (philosophy and human sciences) and on the Curitibanos Campus (rural sciences), respectively.